The BIG GAME is really every day, not just the first Sunday in February. Yes, on Sunday most of the world that has access to a TV, will be watching the young upstarts Carolina Panthers take on Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
So Michael, what is “THE BIG GAME”?
It happens every day of your life and depending on your game plan can either look as smooth and productive as the 1995 World Champion Dallas Cowboys or as dysfunctional as the 2015 Dallas Cowboys 4-12 season, which was the worst since 1989.
What makes the difference in Champions and a Loser?
While there is always the benefit of having good karma, Champions prepare for success versus losers that let life happen to them.
Hope is a very strong feeling that helps us get through many obstacles. But when it comes to our finances, let’s not leave them up to chance. It’s important for every one of us to come up with a financial plan
5 Steps to Be a Champion in Your Financial Life
1. You have to have a PLAN – The reason why more people don’t plan is because people just don’t know where to start. There’s also a strong level of procrastination because there’s no clear immediate reward. Champions prepare every day.
2. How do you get started? Make a list of financial goals by a certain age. It’s important to have the age in there because it provides a deadline. Without a deadline, there’s no sense of urgency. I use a Goals and Action Plan worksheet and I update it every December. Putting my age and my family’s age at the top makes you realize that you need a plan. Try it and see how it impacts you.
3. Evaluate and Measure – Where are you on the progress meter? Assess your current financial situation compared to your goals. If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
4. Share your plan with a mentor. Having accountability increases the success probability. Take it a step further and be a mentor to those around you. This can be rewarding, as we all have a knowledge base that is beneficial to someone. Spreading that knowledge will increase your sphere of influence and create greater life wealth.
5. Start with the end in mind – Every year Champions begin their year with training camp. Once you come up with the basics for your financial plan that includes specific goals by specific times, you can more easily begin to take action. Try to start with the end in mind and reverse engineer your way how to get there. The hardest part is getting started.
RECOMMENDATION TO BUILD WEALTH
Track Your Net Worth Easily and It’s Free: In order to optimize your finances, you’ve first got to track your finances. We offer our clients a personal financial tool so you can track your net worth and analyze your investment portfolios.
To help you get in the BIG GAME, I am going to offer you the ability to try out our client portal at no cost. Want to know more? Click here and when you are ready email our Director of Planning Solutions, Will McDonald and he will get you started.
Those who come up with a financial plan build much greater wealth over the longer term than those who don’t! Leverage technology in order to grow your wealth.
I’m pulling for Peyton Manning to win it all and ride off into the sunset.
Michael Tannery CPA CDFA™ AIF® ● CEO
Be A Financial Olympian